Our contact details
Name: Morag Moreton
Address: The Cottage, 2 Church Avenue, Bangor on Dee, Wrexham,
Phone Number: 07754 616321
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers: name, address, email address, phone number and date of birth
- Family details: how many children reside at the property and their ages.
- Visitors: how many elderly frail people visit the home
- Experience: whether there is any experience with the Dobermann Breed or other large breed and what that experience is
- Online shop order information: name, delivery address, email address, phone number, order information, payment details
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- We need to know where you live so that we can complete a Homecheck
- We need to know your email address so we can respond to your application to adopt a Dobermann
- We need to know your phone number so we can speak to you about a possible match to your application and also so that the Homechecker can contact you to arrange a suitable time to visit
- We need to know your date of birth so that we can ensure that we match you with the correct aged Dobermann
- We need to know about the number and ages of the children in the home as some dogs are not suitable to rehome with children
- We need to know whether elderly frail people visit the home as some dogs are not suitable to rehome in that environment
- We need to know about your breed related experience as the Dobermann may not be suitable in certain settings
- We need your personal information in order to fulfil an order placed via our website
- We need your personal information if you are volunteering for us
- We need you to verify that you are a UK taxpayer for Gift Aid purposes
We use the information that you have given us in order to;
- Find the best match for your environment and circumstances from our available dogs
- Complete a homecheck and validate the information provided by you on the adoption application form
- Fulfil your website order
- Send newsletter communications to you where you have opted in to receiving them
We may share this information with our Volunteers, Foster families and The Animal Team so that homechecks can be completed.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Morag Moreton
(b) We have a contractual obligation (for example in order to fulfil an order placed on our website)
(c) We have a legal obligation
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
- We collect the information from your adoption application form for one of our dogs
- We collect this information so that we can match a dog in our care with the information you have provided on the adoption application form. It is vital information as not all dogs we have in our care will be suited to the environment and lifestyle information contained in the adoption application form.
- We would only pass information to our direct volunteers if appropriate, our foster-carer if appropriate, The Animal Team to arrange the homecheck for a potentially matched dog.
- If you wish to withdraw consent at any time, contact Morag Moreton who will ensure that all your details are removed from the database
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at Newlyn, Steel Heath, Shropshire SY13 2AA
We keep your application form and the details thereon which you have provided and given consent for until we a] find a matched dog and rehome with you or b] you ask us to remove them, at this point your adoption application and the details contained thereon will be deleted
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / Morag Moreton if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Morag Moreton, 07754616321 email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk