- I’m the cutest little thing that loves to be close to my hoomans – cuddles and fusses are the best
- I’ve was used for breeding (we are told she has had 2 litters) and am now looking for a quiet life. I’m not really bothered about going out for walks so a home with a garden that I can investigate, and potter around would suit me just fine, as long as there are many ‘loves’ for me when I come back indoors – I can’t stress the ‘loves and cuddles’ bit enough, can you tell?
- I can be reactive around other dogs, both on lead and off lead. I’ve been working on my reactivity when on lead with foster mum and have proved that if I feel secure, I can walk by without reacting but I’ll need more help with this.
- I like to roll in the smelly stuff left by foxes and other animals, but you know why, it’s cause I then get to have a wash which means more fusses from my hooman
- I travel well in a car
- I’m untested with cats
- I’m vaccinated and neutered, and weigh around 40kg
- I’ve got some basic obedience skills but can lose focus at times, especially when I’m expected to ‘wait’. I would like a home where my new hoomans are prepared to put time into my training and mental stimulation.
- I like a game of ‘fetch’
- I am generally friendly with people, but I did bite one of my adult hoomans, so a child free home is the best option for me. The circumstance under which the bite occurred is unclear – I’ve shown no signs of aggression or biting whilst I’ve been in the care of my foster mum.
- I am not generally reactive with other dogs, but I don’t like it if they get ‘in my face’. I have been known to play nicely with other dogs but sometimes, out of the blue, my ‘play’ gets out of control – I show the other dog it’s overstepped the mark by pinning it down.
- I need encouragement (sometimes a push) to get in the car but once in I travel well
- I’m a bit of a thief around the house especially with soft furnishings. My foster mum gave me my own blankie but it’s always more fun when I can take something that doesn’t belong to me!
- I have had an operation on my eyelids to stop ulcers forming because my eyelid used to turn inwards but I’ve been to the vet recently for check-up and they confirmed that there are currently no issues with my eyelids or my sight
A noisy boy in the car, when people first come into his home, when first setting off for his walkies and when meeting other dogs – he’s asking them to play with him. He lived with children and another dog. Strong on the lead. Does not react to traffic, cyclists or joggers but will chase livestock. Recall needs work. Runs off with the ball rather than fetching but loves a game of tug. He has a dry itchy skin complaint, which the vet is treating and monitoring. We’ll update these details once his assessment is complete.
A pretty, people friendly girl – she gets over excited when there are visitors to her home, but out and about is cautious and likes to greet people in her own time. She has lived with other dogs, but when meeting new ones, she can be a little timid especially if they want to play chase. Will travel but does periodically become unsettled. Her tail was docked in 2020 following a infected cut. She is currently under assessment, these details will be updated once the assessment is complete.
I am very, very special girl and Lincs are helping me find a very, very special someone to give me a furever home. You can see my story on my fb page – it’s called Rita (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1348013305571894/). Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are my special, special someone.
- I’ve had the toughest of starts in life; found on a rubbish dump in a far-off land with injuries which have changed my life.
- Lots of amazing people raised the funds so that I could get the surgery I needed on my fractured leg and spine and then come to the UK to look for a furever home
- Now I’m ‘doubly’ incontinent and so will always have to wear these fancy ‘couture’ pants, but that’s Ok, I’m used to them now (I know the drill and co-operate) and let’s face it they offer endless possibilities in colours and patterns and will look very pretty on your washing line.
- My exercise has to be controlled because I’m still gaining mobility and strength in my back and legs; my kind foster mum is ace at helping me with this ‘cause she has a special pool for treating this sort of thing and she has said that she will continue with this special treatment FOC to whom ever is lucky enough to adopt me, but you would have to be prepared to drive to the Binbrook, Lincolnshire area to benefit from this offer.
- I love my crate which has a special bed and covers; I settle in it at night and when my foster hooman has to go out.
- I like to sunbathe and steal my big bros toys just when he thinks he’s going to play with them, and well, then I like to take them to my bed and play with them – playing is great.
- I’m a little bit protective of my food; I just give a bit of a growl if another dog walks by, but I don’t mind if my foster mum wants to take it off me.
- I’d like a decent sized garden to stretch my legs, someone who will be adaptable when training me because I can’t do all the usual stuff that I see other doggos do, and someone who is happy to take me for gentle walks and to new places that I can explore.
- I can live with other dogs, but cats…nope never heard of them before
- I think I’m probably famous as I have my own Facebook page, it’s called Rita 😊 and if my new family want they can take it over and continue to share my story as I progress thorough life.